Monday, December 22, 2008

異 鄉 客 (The Traveler)

Dear All:
We have selected this song for 2005 Hakka Concert at Los Angeles for celebrating Taiwanese American Heritage Week. In our program book, we have prepared English subtitle for each Hakka song we performed...
I remember many American friends and those Holo Taiwanes told us they were very touched by this song. Well, why not? after reviewing those lyrics....
We know there are many more our fellow HAPA-NA friends will like to refresh their memories with this song...especially during Holidays.

Sincere wishes to all:
Great Holidays!
Be Happy and Stay Healthy!
Give your parents, family and friends at Taiwan a call now, and you will feel much better.
(Sam-Gup-Shui Studio)
===========================================

異 鄉 客 詞/曲 : 林 子 淵

水是故鄉甜 山是故鄉青 浪跡天涯遊子心 難忘故鄉情

月是故鄉明 人是故鄉親 異鄉作客有幾年 常憶故鄉人

為了重重介理想 為了白髮介爺娘 捱愛奮發圖強 捱愛埋頭苦幹

期望期望 早一日啊 功成名就 衣錦還鄉


The Traveler Lyrics/Composition: Tse-Yuan Lin

The water is sweeter and the mountains appear greener at homeland.
I have been traveling and can never stop thinking of my home.

The moon is brighter and the people are warmer from homeland.
I have been the traveler for years and I miss my friends.

For the sake of my aspirations, for the sake of my elderly parents,
I vow to work hard and give all my heartiness.

I hope, very soon…
I can return to my hometown with achievements and wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment